Government Engineering College, Raipur
Following are the details of the institute in various branches admission produre:
For admission to regular degree course in engineering :
- Passing 12th through (10+2) education system of Board of secondary education, Chhattisgarh or any recognized board/University with Physics, Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the subject as Chemistry subject is essential.
- Passing cumulatively in all three main subjects i.e. Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry subject with minimum 45% marks for UR category and 40% marks for SC, ST, OBC category and PWD candidate of Chhattisgarh is essential.
Entrance Exam :
For taking Admission in Engineering Institute in Chhattisgarh Pre Engineering Test (PET) entrance exam is compulsory. the State level common entrance test conducted by Chhattisgarh Professional Examination Board, Raipur, for the purpose of determining merit list for admission to B.E. courses. Also JEE entrance marks will be accepted.
All India Quota : Not Applicable
Chhattisgarh State Quota : 100%
Only the Chhattisgarh State domicile candidates are eligible for admission under this quota. If applicants from Chhattisgarh domicile are not available, remaining seats can be converted to the other state quota. Seats in this quota shall be filled on the basis of merit in PET / JEE exam.
Lateral Entry in B.E.
The annual intake is reserved under Lateral Entry Scheme, as per the Chhattisgarh Directorate of Technical Education (CGDTE) norms of particular session. Students are eligible to get the admission under the following sub-heads:
Candidates having a 3 years Diploma in the concerned discipline with 50% marks from All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi recognized institutions are eligible for admission in the respective branches directly
to the 2nd year (3rd semester) of BE programme.
Candidates having a B.Sc. degree with 50% marks from any recognized university with Physics, Chemistry and Maths as compulsory subjects are also eligible for admission to BE 2nd Year directly.
The students thus admitted are required to clear foundation subjects as per the ordinance of the Chhattisgarh Swami Vivekanand Technical University, (CSVTU) Bhilai.
Reservation Policy :
The provisions of reservations for SC, ST & OBC (except creamy layers) of Chhattisgarh state shall be 12%, 32% & 14% of total seats respectively, for the purpose of admission in all Government Engineering. Remaining 42% seats shall remain unreserved.
Age Limit is Maximum 30 Years for UR and 33 Years for SC/ST/OBC/Female/PWD of Chhattisgarh.
Note:- Following documents are needed at the time of admission in institutions.
(1) Income certificate for reserve category candidates.
(2) Transfer Certificate and Character Certificate from the previous institute.
(3) Gap Certificate (If there is gap during Studies).
(4) Migration Certificate (if candidate belongs to some other state board or university).
(5) AADHAR card
(6) 10th & 12th Class Marksheet